Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Second Session!


Hello Chippies! 

I thought I would take a few minutes to catch up with all of you. It's been a while since my last Cliff Notes and there is quite a bit going on around here! I will warn you, however,  that it is midnight and I am literally falling asleep at the keyboard. Therefore,  if my sentences trail off into LaLa land you will know why. I also tend to use an excessive amount of exclamation marks when I am tired... so there is that too. This is actually a tendency that drives Lisa nuts. She feels that if a sentence is properly written you wont need to "tell" the person how to interpret it with the excessive use of descriptive punctuation (i/e "!" or worse "!!").  I like my exclamation marks though and I use them often! In my dreamy state you may ALSO see the increased use of dot dot dot. I admit that this is my lazy way out of having to make comma decisions. I will say, however,  that my predecessor (Tom Adler) was notorious for this too... so I feel like this liberty is an inherited right bestowed upon all Chippewa Ranch Camp directors. LASTLY, I will unnecessarily capitalize all of the letters in a word as a means of emphasizing it's importance (as seen in the word "lastly" above)... 

So now that you understand my midnight writing... we can move on to BIGGER AND BETTER THINGS!! 

We have been busy as ever kicking off the second session! Visiting weekend was a HUGE success! We had a great time showing off camp and the dance show was outstanding. Special thanks to Casey Richter and Emily Jaksich for putting on a great production. After the show everyone enjoyed Jen the baker's phenomenal desserts and on Saturday the real action began! Parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, pets and friends came pouring into camp at 9:30am. The ski boats were burnin' up Dam Lake while the climbing wall and ropes course challenged hundreds of eager adventurers! We hope you all had a great time visiting with us and we look forward to having you back here in 2013...Unless of course you would rather a virtual visiting weekend where parents all get together in Chicago somewhere and campers observe THEM through daily photos and twitter updates :) Hmm...Nah... 

For the Love of Technology! 
Parents please make sure that you are following us on Twitter for regular updates and fun photos! If you have never done the Tweet thing... don't panic. Simply visit twitter.com and click on the yellow button that says SIGN UP FOR TWITTER. Once you have an account and are logged in simply type @chippewacliff OR @chippewasari into the search box. Then select FOLLOW! We try to tweet as often as possible. This is just one more way for you to get your daily "Chippewa fix!" 

On another note, second session is off to a great start! We have had wonderful weather and the girls are already having a fantastic time. Sunday night was our traditional Friendship fire and it was a blast! We sang songs, played campfire games and went through a host of introductions. Monday we did our beginning rotations. Girls took swim tests, signed up for activities, and had physicals. In the evening we played the ever famous Tan & White game called Sand Storm. It was very intense and the girls had a blast! Today began the first day of activities and tonight was the Unity Carnival. The event offered a bouncy castle, snow cones, donut eating contests, games, and tons of dancing! The pictures from tonight are loading as I am writing this. 

There is SO much more to come! Stay tuned and we will keep you posted as we go. Enjoy the week and I look forward to talking soon! 
All best,
Cliff

My Cell- 312-593-0246

No comments:

Post a Comment